Hawkinge Free Church, having sold their church premises in 'The Street', purchased an interest in the community centre. In addition to all the original facilities planned for the community centre we have a room that will also be multifunctional for the community. We use the area, known as the Chapel, for regular meetings, and we would be pleased to have you join with us. Please view our Activities and Events pages.
We are affiliated to and in fellowship with the Baptist Union and South Eastern Baptist Association.
Style of Worship
A mixture of traditional and modern, striving to move closer to the heart of God.
1. In the authority of scripture as God's inspired word.
2. In the trinity, God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.
3. In the gift of Jesus Christ, God's only son, who died on the cross, rose again on the third day for the forgiveness of our sins and is now ascended and is seated on the right hand of the Father.
4. In the second coming of Christ to gather his church to himself.
5. In the judgement seat of God.
6. In the gift of the Holy Spirit by Christ to empower us to be his witnesses.
7. In the church as the body of Christ here on earth.
8. In the priesthood of all believers.
9. In believers water baptism as a recognition of Christ's eternal work in our lives and our commitment to his service.
10. In the remembrance of Christ at the communion table.
11. In caring for the needy and hurting as Christ demonstrated.
To serve the local community of Hawkinge in ways that are both relevant and applicable in a caring & understanding manner.